Monday, November 22, 2010

The Season of NO

This is the best time of year, the season that comes to New Orleans twice every year, but is of varying duration. It is the season of NO -- no air conditioning, no heater. Some days you hardly need your ceiling fans. It is the season of enjoying the mild temperatures, and enjoying even more the lower utility bills. We all love this season, each time it comes, and wish it could last longer.

Today, though, tested my endurance, because although it is actually November 22, the temperature shot up to 80-something. I had to really stick to my resolution and not turn the a/c back on. It's late November! I'm NOT turning the air conditioning back on! I mean it! (OK, let me admit, no matter what day or what month it is, if it goes up to 90, I am darn well cranking the a/c up.)

I wonder what day will be the first day I have to turn on the heater? (Readers up North, if there are any, I'm sorry to have to brag like this.)

No comments: