Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rainbow

Yesterday, I was looking out my window at the church office, and saw the trees bending and swaying with the cold front that was moving through. There were dark clouds that portended rain, but it wasn't raining yet in the church neighborhood. Stuff -- leaves, small twigs, loose papers and débris -- was blowing around, and the movement caught my eye.

It was late afternoon, the sun sinking down somewhere behind the church. As I watched, to my amazement and delight, a full and clear arch of a rainbow appeared in the sky in front of me. Full color spectrum, full arch. You hardly ever get to see that.

Thanks, God, I needed that. (Now, please let that cold front bring cooler temperature and lower humidity for good this time. I'm looking to turn that air conditioner OFF.)

No comments: