Thursday, October 18, 2007

About Me

I’m a 50-something native New Orleanian, 5th-generation on my father’s side, which makes my family relative newcomers among real New Orleanians. I’ve been away from my home city for over a decade, serving as a parish minister in a liberal religious tradition in various locations. With my beloved spouse, Big Man, a professional musician, I have returned home to the Crescent City post-Katrina to be a part of New Orleans’s rebirth, renewal, and restoration. Together, we have an adult son, an adult daughter, and a year-old grandson, none of whom live with us, and at home we share a cat named Smokey Robinson.

Other than religion and all things New Orleans (music, food, culture, traditions), my interests include politics, reading, crossword puzzles and other word games, cooking, fashion, and travel. (And I wish I had enough money to indulge all my interests!)

No comments: